The Excluded New Jerseyans Fund
The Excluded New Jerseyans Fund is providing a one-time cash benefit to households who suffered economic hardship due to COVID-19 and were excluded from both of the federal stimulus checks and COVID-related unemployment assistance.
APPLY TODAY: Applications are being accepted until February 28, 2022 or whenever funds are exhausted.
Who Can Apply?
- Households with an annual income less than $55,000 that meet both of the following criteria:
- Individual(s) in the household were ineligible to receive the two stimulus checks and Unemployment Insurance (including undocumented individuals, residents re-entering from the justice system, and any other individuals otherwise excluded).
- Individual(s) in the household can demonstrate that they suffered economic hardship due to COVID-19 pandemic.
- All applicants must be 18 years of age and reside in the State of New Jersey
How to Apply:
Visit https://njdhs-crp-nj.powerappsportals.us/en-US/ to apply.
- Households will receive up to $2,000 per eligible individual with a maximum benefit of $4,000 per household (*updated on 12/16/2021).
- Applicants will be asked to provide supporting documents, such as proof of identity, residency, and income. Applicants will NOT be asked to submit data related to their place of birth, citizenship, or immigration status.
- Applicants can choose to upload all the requested documents when applying in order to expedite the approval process.
- It is critical to apply as soon as possible, given that applications will be processed on a first-come-first-serve basis until funds are exhausted.
- Please note: The application open period is in progress until February 28, 2022.
- Applying for the program does not guarantee approval.
- For more information and to check your application status, visit https://nj.gov/humanservices/excludednjfund/.
For further information, please contact the JFS Resource Center at [email protected] or call 973-777-7638 x614.