Emergency Rescue Mortgage Assistance Program (ERMA)
The Emergency Rescue Mortgage Assistance Program (ERMA), financed by the Homeowner Assistance Fund (HAF) will launch on Tuesday, February 8, 2022. The program provides up to $35,000 in assistance to cover mortgage arrearages and other housing cost delinquencies for eligible homeowners negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- NOTE: If eligible, you could receive up to $35,000 in the form of a three-year forgivable loan, with no interest or payments due!
- The ERMA application portal opens on Tuesday, February 8 at 9 AM. Please access the application portal at https://njerma.com.
- Free housing counseling is available to assist with applications. Find a participating counselor at https://nj.gov/dca/hmfa/dca/hmfa/consumers/foreclosure/counselor/.
- Contact 855-647-7700 or [email protected] for assistance from a housing counselor who can help guide you through the process and understand your options.
- Additional info can be found on the New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency website: https://www.njhousing.gov/dca/hmfa/covid19/haf/.
To qualify for the ERMA program, homeowners must meet the following requirements:
- Be a New Jersey homeowner with a demonstrated COVID-19 related financial hardship occurring after January 20, 2020
- Own and occupy an eligible primary residence
- Have an income at or below 150% of their county’s Area Median Income (AMI)
For further information, please contact the JFS Resource Center at [email protected] or call 973-777-7638 x614.