Emergency Broadband Benefit
Households struggling to afford internet service during the COVID-19 pandemic can apply for up to $30/month discount for broadband service and a one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet.
Who: A household is eligible if a member of the household meets one of the criteria below:
- Has an income that is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, or Lifeline
- Receives benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, or did so in the 2019-2020 school year
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year
- Experienced a substantial loss of income due to job loss or furlough since February 29, 2020
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating broadband provider’s existing low-income or COVID-19 program.
When: Beginning Wednesday, May 12
How: Visit https://getemergencybroadband.org to apply online, call 833-511-0311 for a mail-in application, or contact your internet provider directly.
Further Details: The program will end when the fund runs out of money, or six months after the Department of Health and Human Services declares an end to the COVID-19 health emergency, whichever is sooner. For more information and answers to FAQs, visit: https://www.fcc.gov/consumer-faq-emergency-broadband-benefit