Re-opening date: July 13, 2020
While things are certainly not “business as usual,” we wanted to let you know we are here for you in our clean, comfortable, and safe environment.
Jewish Family Service and Children’s Center of Clifton-Passaic is happy to announce that we will be reopening on Monday, July 13, 2020. As we continue to adjust our new normal, the safety our clients, staff, and community is our priority! JFS continues to adhere to the guidelines administered by the CDC (Center for Disease Control), as well as state and local authorities. If you have selected to receive services on-site, please see below for our protocols, guidelines, and what to expect when arriving for your appointment. JFS will also continue to offer tele-health services at this time.
We are committed to maintaining a safe and clean environment.
To do so, we have made the following changes:
Social Distancing: Social distancing of minimum 6 feet will be applied at all times. Therapy sessions will be held in specific offices that will allow for social distancing of minimum 6 feet apart. To limit occupancy in the building, the waiting room will be closed, and appointment times will be staggered.
Protective Barriers: Clear plexiglass guards have been installed in offices.
Sanitization: We will be following rigorous cleaning and procedures recommended by the CDC. Each office will be wiped and cleaned before and after sessions. In addition, hand sanitizers will be available in each office.
Protective Supplies: All persons (staff and clients) who enter our building are required to wear masks at all times. In addition to masks, staff members will have access to face shields.
Before your appointment, please note the following:
- All persons (children and adults) who enter the building are required to wear a face mask. Masks must be worn during the entire time you are in the building.
- If you are a new client, please email your therapist the completed new client intake form no later than 24 hours before the appointment.
- If your insurance has changed since your last appointment, it is recommended to email a copy or picture of the new insurance card(s) in advance to limit contact in the office. If you do not have access to do so, please make sure to bring the new cards (primary and/or second insurance cards) to your appointment. This applies to new clients as well.
- For co-payments, please bring a credit/debit card or cash. To limit the exchange of money, it is recommended to bring the exact amount of cash for your copay.
What to expect when you arrive at Jewish Family Service for your appointment:
If you or your child are feeling sick, have a fever, or have symptoms, please call your therapist immediately to cancel your session. Do not come to the building for your session if you are sick.
- It is recommended that you arrive 10 minutes prior to the start of your appointment. When you arrive for your appointment, please call the front desk receptionist at 973-777-7638 ext 138 to inform him/her that you are here for your appointment. At that time, the JFS receptionist will meet you or your family outside at the entrance to check your temperature. If your temperature is above 37C or 98.6F you will not be allowed to enter the building. Please note that if your child has an appointment scheduled, children will not be screened without a parent or guardian present.
- Once you enter the building, all adults and children must wash your hands or apply hand sanitizer.
- Next, you will be required to complete a mandatory questionnaire and consent form.
- If you have a copay, please provide the front desk receptionist with the payment before you enter the session.
- After these steps have been completed, your therapist will come and escort you to your session. Therapists will also escort you to the exit at the end of the session. You will not be able to travel the building without being escorted by a JFS staff member.