Yom HaShoah Program
Click here to view the recording of the Yom HaShoah program.
Jewish Family Service invites you to join us as we commemorate Yom HaShoah
Tuesday, April 18
12 – 2 PM
at Young Israel of Passaic-Clifton
- Candle Lighting Ceremony – 6 people will commemorate 6 million Jews: Holocaust Survivors, 2nd Generation and Educator
- Rabbi Ira Kronenberg – 2nd generation survivor and retired chaplain of the US Army shares his personal story
- Joel Glazer – Educator, Public High School History teacher and former Bruriah High School History and Holocaust Studies teacher
- Gerda Leshin – Holocaust survivor and Passaic resident shares her personal story
- KAVOD offers emergency aid to Holocaust Survivors in the US and works with JFS to help fill the gap as a secondary resource. John and Amy Israel Pregulman, Co-Founders of KAVOD, will share about their work along with some photos of Holocaust Survivors that John has taken from around the world.
Light refreshments will be served.
For more information, contact Sarala Katz, JFS Senior Center Coordinator at 917-816-3532 or [email protected].
Help fund services for Holocaust Survivors and seniors at JFSCLIFTON.ORG/DONATE.