At Project S.A.R.A.H., our highly trained team of licensed clinical social workers are available to offer you the help you need including the following services:
No-Cost Counseling For:
- Adult survivors of domestic violence
- Child & adult victims of sexual abuse
- Children affected by domestic violence (through the partnered PALS program)
Psychoeducational & Support Groups for Men/Women
- Weekly confidential groups to deal with relationship challenges. More detailed description below.
Emergency Services, including Psychiatric Evaluations and Accommodations for Religious Observances in Shelters
Access to pro-bono legal services
A panel of volunteer attorneys have made themselves available for a single session consultation on your legal rights.
Community Presentations and Educational Materials:
- Aleinu Safety Kid Program
- Educational Videos
- Trainings for a wide variety of professionals
Would You Like To:
• Feel in control of yourself, your frustration and your temper?
• Be more tolerant of the stresses of daily life?
• increase effective communication within your family?
This group, facilitated by two licensed therapists, is for men who want to improve their ability to constructively express themselves in their intimate relationships.
• Is Educational
• Is Supportive
• Teaches effective communication
• Teaches coping skills
• Teaches how to identify and prevent problems before they arise
Over a twenty week period, the Men’s group covers topics such as:
• Effective Conflict Resolution
• Expressing Anger Constructively
• Being Assertive, Not Aggressive
• Coping With Stress
To attend Project S.A.R.A.H.’s Men’s Group or for more information call Sharon 973-777-7638 x151.
The women’s group is intended for women who have been affected by domestic violence. This may include physical, emotional, financial or sexual abuse in the context of an intimate partner relationship. Women at all stages of the relationship are welcomed. The group will provide a forum in which women may receive psychoeducation regarding healthy relationships. It will be a safe place for women to relate to one another and receive support from peers as well as licensed mental health professionals. Currently the group is on Monday’s 9:30 AM – 11:00 AM.
For more information please call 973-777-7638 ext 612 or ext 625